I have big plans for this blog next year. Big, big plans.
And this time they’ll be a lot more realistic, so I’ll actually want to stick to them. So, let’s start with the most obvious part, the actual blog posts.
- My goal is to get 2 to 4 posts done a month which on average is a post a week or one every two weeks. I want to do a range, so I’m not tied down to a schedule.These posts can be updates on my ongoing publishing journey, Book 2 of the Last Look Back series, and what’s going on in my life or in the world.
- I want to have more of a social media presence, so I’m going to do follow-up tweets or Facebook statuses after blog posts. Right now the only time I tweet or have a Facebook status on my blog’s Facebook page is when there’s a post and nothing more. Having follow-up tweets or statuses will be something for you all to look out forward to between blog posts and they’re a lot quicker and easier to create which means a lot less pressure for me. Expect between 5 to 10 tweets or statuses around every post. Maybe less, maybe more and the topic could be anything. Anything! Click the Meet the writer tab in the menu above to get all of my social media info and we can stay connected throughout the new year.
- Like I said before, I’ll be posting (or tweeting) updates of my writing journey as I tackle the edits for book 2 of the Last Look Back. I’m writing this down right now for all to read and I can’t deny later. I, My, your best blogger friend, the #1 Rule-breaker, is committing to working between 3-5 hrs a day on the LLB2 edits which I’m starting at the beginning of the year. That’s barely a 40 hour week and I usually work longer than that when I get started, but I felt the need to write it down so I’ll be sure to stick to it.
You’ve probably noticed my goals include a range of numbers that I’m shooting for. I figured this would make it easier for me to stick to. The low end is easily achievable and I won’t feel bad if I don’t reach the high end and I’ll stay motivated because I’ll keep it up with it and will actually be achieving it. It’s like I’m tricking my brain into continuing to work. That’s a little trick for you to consider in the new year. Trick your brain into working for you and before you know it, you’re already be done.
*Now back to the previously scheduled program*
- I really want to change the look of the blog. I’m not a fan of the header text. It’s really boring to me. I’m also not in favor changing the theme again because I know it’ll probably mess up the sidebar and menu which I’ve worked very hard on (even if it doesn’t look it.) I’m not the most technologically gifted, so the easiest fix the better. I’m going to put my designer cap on, reconfigure some things and hopefully I’ll make this blog brand spanking new. Emphasis on hopefully. 🙂
- And now the part that I am most excited about. I’ve been trying to think of a way to make this site more interactive. I also enjoyed doing the Google hangout on air for the Last Look Back virtual release party, so in 2015, I’m going to do more Google Hangouts. If you want to know exactly what I’ll be doing you’ll have to read my next post. Here’s a hint: books. I can hear the gears turning already. Next post will be up at 5 pm EST. Maybe sooner.
From the #1 Rule-breaker,